Note: This is not a class held on a weekly basis. The sound experiences we offer are coupled with another discipline such as yoga and/or tai chi, offered typically during workshops or pop up events.
About Sound Baths The ancient wellness practice of sound healing is a 2,000-year-old Tibetan practice that induces a deep state of meditation and relaxation. The primary bowls, Tibetan bowls, are sound instruments that have sonic frequency technologies that encourage meditation, stress release, and relaxation. The transcendental tones of the vintage Tibetan singing bowls, alongside the crystal bowls, emit a diverse set of sound frequencies, creating a range of sounds to restore normal vibratory frequencies to parts of the body, mind, and soul that are out of harmony. When they are blended together, these unique tones create a bath of sounds that induce a state of deep meditation, creative thinking, and intuitive messages.
Benefits of Sound Baths
- Each bowl has a unique frequency, sound, and tone that corresponds to the frequencies within the body. They offer healing vibrations that restore the body to a natural state of balance.
- The movement of our brainwaves synchronizes with the vibrations of the bowls, improving brain wave frequencies. The vibratory frequencies create deep meditation and enhance intuitive abilities and creative thinking.
- During this session brainwaves switch from Beta waves (normal waking state) to Alpha and Theta waves (a deep meditative state).
- Sound waves stimulate our immune response, reduce stress, harmonize the body’s cells, balance the body’s energy systems, and calm our emotions.
- The sounds from the bowls help with body pain and are a powerful tool for anyone suffering from chronic pain and illness, such as cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy and/or radiation.
- Sound bowls increase a deep sense of peace, hope and well-being, reduce stress, and decrease pain. Sessions also are effective for people suffering from depression, anxiety, chronic fatigue, insomnia, and memory loss.
“If we accept that sound is vibration and we know that vibration touches every part of our physical being, then we understand that sound is heard not only through our ears but through every cell in our bodies. One reason sound heals on a physical level is because it so deeply touches and transforms us on the emotional and spiritual planes. Sound can redress imbalances on every level of physiologic functioning and can play a positive role in the treatment of virtually any medical disorder.”
–Dr. Mitchell Gaynor, director of Medical Oncology and Integrative Medicine at the Cornell Cancer Prevention Center