Movement Works & claire liddle yoga YTT 2021
Do you want to learn more about the yoga practice and lifestyle or are you interested in becoming a yoga teacher? If so, Claire Liddle and Nancy Smith hope to satisfy your thirst with a Yoga Teacher Training (YTT) beginning in March 2021.
Q: Who is a good candidate for the 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training?
A: ONE or more of the following:
A current yoga practitioner looking to deepen their knowledge of the practice. Anyone looking to inspire others in the community and beyond. An aspiring yoga teacher. A yogi who is interested in ALL that yoga has to offer, both on and off the mat, ranging from the physical, emotional, and spiritual.
Q: What will we study?
A: Trainees in the program can expect to learn extensively about:
- the physical and spiritual asana practices
- teaching methodology
- aspects of a yogic lifestyle
- meditation and pranayama techniques
- adjustments and modifications
- various styles of yoga (alignment-based, vinyasa, etc.)
- yoga anatomy and major systems of the body
- Sanskrit terminology
- the history of yoga and yoga texts
- and much more…
All students in the training will develop a vast breadth of knowledge and awareness about themselves and the practices of yoga. Those who wish to become teachers must successfully complete all program requirements and be eligible to register with Yoga Alliance.
Q: What will the teacher training schedule be like?
A: We will meet for 10 weekend sessions over a period of 5 months. Dates/times are:
March 5, 6, 7 March 19, 20, 21 April 9, 10, 11 April 23, 24, 25
April 30, May 1, 2 May 14, 15, 16 June 4, 5, 6 June 25, 26, 27
July 9, 10, 11 July 23, 24, 25
Fridays 5-9pm Saturdays 11-6pm Sundays 10-5pm
Q: How much will it cost?
A: All students will be required to pay a $200 “Hold my spot” deposit with their Application, which will be applied to the cost of the training. Payment options:
- PAYMENT IN FULL on or before January 15th: $2400 (Includes $200 deposit)
- PAY IN FULL on or before February 1st: $2500 (Includes $200 deposit)
- PAY IN FULL on or before February 15th: $2600 (Includes $200 deposit)
Q: What are the requirements for this training?
A: Attend all training hours scheduled at Movement Works over 10 weekends (See dates/times above)
- Complete class observations with each teacher trainer
- Attend yoga classes/styles/methods outside of Movement Works
- Be a student of yoga and attend class regularly at least once per week for the duration of the training
- Practice teaching your own group classes
- Practice teaching with another trainee and provide feedback
- Maintain a personal asana practice with journal
- Maintain a personal meditation practice with journal
- Audiotape yourself teaching and submit self-reflection
- Satisfactory completion of: readings/study of required text, written assignments, quizzes/tests
- Satisfactory completion of final written examination
- Satisfactory completion of final Teaching Demonstration with public class at Movement Works.
Q: What is the process for registering?
A: Schedule to attend and participate in a class with Claire or Nancy at Movement Works, complete application form, and submit your $200 deposit.
Application will open December 1, 2020.
Once you have participated in a yoga class and your application is received, a meeting will be scheduled with Claire and Nancy to choose a payment plan and to review teacher training agreements.
Claire and Nancy reserve the right to decline entry to the yoga teacher training.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Claire or Nancy.
Claire Ritchie Liddle, E-RYT 500, YACEP® Lead YTT Trainer
Nancy Smith, E-RYT 200, RYT500, YACEP® Executive Director, Movement Works